Varicose veins are usually caused by increased blood pressure within the veins, which causes them to swell up and push against the skin. Although the condition isn’t life-threatening, most patients don’t like how they look. Plus, those veins may cause complications as they grow larger.
Fortunately, you can find varicose vein doctors in San Antonio. Ideally, you should seek treatment if you notice the following symptoms:
- Swelling in the legs
- A feeling of heaviness in the legs
- Sensitive skin that easily tears or rips
- Pain and bleeding
Can You Prevent Varicose Veins?
Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent varicose veins. But, it is entirely possible to prevent the condition from worsening over time. Risk factors like obesity, pregnancy, and family history mean some people are more likely to develop varicose veins than others.
Here are some expert tips from top varicose vein doctors in San Antonio on how you can manage varicose veins:
- Get your weight under control, especially if you are overweight
- Exercise often
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes as they can put more pressure on your legs
- Do not sit and stand for long periods
- Put your feet up when you can, especially if your job involves sitting or standing for long
Contact Texas Skin & Vein for Varicose Vein Treatment
Are you unhappy with how your varicose veins look? Has the condition left your legs feeling heavy, weary, or fatigued? Visit the varicose vein treatment San Antonio people swear by? At Texas Skin & Vein, we offer a wide variety of dermatology treatments, including full-service vein treatments. Our compassionate dermatologists will work with you and offer the best treatment for your condition. Contact us today to book an appointment.